Benjamin Penkert - Insights from The SportsTech Allstars Podcast (SportsTechX)
Share this post
Benjamin Penkert is well known as the host of The SportsTech Allstars Podcast, linked to SportsTechX, the market intelligence company for professionals & investors in sports, which he is running with his co-founder Rohn Malhotra.
Benjamin is the first guest in our 2nd series of episodes, during which we interview other podcast hosts in the sports science, tech, and innovation area, in order to get their insights on the sports tech industry & the role of research and innovation within it.
In this episode, Benjamin talks about his insights from running SportsTechX and their amazing podcast over the past 4 years. Benjamin and Kristof talk about the role of research in the different segments of sports tech. Different methods and key criteria for translating research to market are discussed as well. Finally, Benjamin talks about the largest opportunities for Sports Tech & related Research as he is seeing these, and reflects on the role STRN can play within this field.
This episode covers the following topics:
- Key insights from SportsTechX
- Lack of research in the fan experience (retention & engagement)
- How to translate research to market?
- Speed of research vs industry
- For which products & projects is research really needed?
- The role of municipalities to promote sports in society
- Key opportunities in the Sports Tech world in the next months
- The role of STRN within this area
Enjoy this episode!
There are no comments yet.