Johann Windt - Creating long-term value with different stakeholders through Data Science
Share this post
Johann Windt is the Head of Data Science at the Vancouver Whitecaps FC, a Canadian professional soccer team playing in the Major League Soccer (MLS).
In this podcast, Johann talks about how Data Science fits in the organizational structure at Vancouver Whitecaps and how decisions are supported by the Data Science department. Finally, the partnerships with other organizations, universities, and departments are also discussed in depth.
This episode covers the following topics:
- Accumulating experience in the sports world
- Daily training environment and Research & Innovation in the long run
- Decision Support Systems for practitioners
- Transactional or relationship-based organizational partners
- Data science department as a support department for all other departments
- The importance of a team/club’s willingness to innovate
Enjoy the episode!
There are no comments yet.